Globally, medical tourism market has skyrocketed swiftly to 19% due to large demands of good and quality medical care. A large number of the world’s populace is embarking on oversea journeys to find solutions to their ailments which might be accessible in their country of origin.
If you are someone who is planning to take the journey abroad for treatment, here are 8 important tips to do before embarking on a medical treatment abroad which will help you have a better traveling experience and give you maximum healthcare benefits.
- Consult your local/family doctor before you take the flight.
- Ensure that your passport and visa is in proper order.
- Get medical records properly arranged and filled.
- Get a one point contact at the destination hospital.
- Appropriate logistical arrangements can save you time and money and earn you peace-of-mind.
- Ensure that payment arrangements are in place.
- Keep your important medical information handy.
- Give yourself some breathing space.